Saturday, September 26, 2009

Leadership in Creative Organizations - Life Aspirations

In one of my favorite projects for this class, we wrote detailed papers about our personal and professional aspirations. We were also able to create a piece of art (in my case, a painting) that helped to visually depict our aspirations.

I created my painting by taking an older painting that was an odd little family portrait and painting over it with more abstract representations of my life aspirations. The previous canvas:


And the final painting:


The final painting was done in a similar style to my triptych done last year. I created a collage of flowers and fabric and translated the collage onto the canvas, aligning certain elements with the existing painting on the canvas.

The paragraph accompanied my painting in the final project:

For this painting I chose to paint on top of an older canvas. This previous work was a representation of my family and how I viewed them in an exaggerated and colorful way. I chose to work on top of this painting because who I aspire to be is based on a foundation of who I am now and how I have come to be this way - predominantly influenced by my family and my upbringing. My life aspiration painting reflects my ambition to surround myself with beauty and engage those around me by enhancing their own appreciation for art. I hope that spreading my own knowledge of graphic design and its ability to influence our everyday decisions can show just how powerful and moving art can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment